'Reeveamp' Reeve Union Expansion and Renovation
We are very pleased to inform you and keep you updated on a very exciting building project for our campus community; the ‘Reeveamp’ Renovation and Expansion of Reeve Memorial Union. Through our building project website you will gain access to all happenings surrounding the building project (project schedule, funding source, building committee, project scope, FAQ, and more). Please continue to utilize the reeve.uwosh.edu for current building and service hours, upcoming programs and activities, plus so much more!
What is the project scope?
- Create a more open and welcoming entrance to the Algoma Boulevard that meets accessibility needs as well.
- Enhance the Student Leadership and Involvement area; creating more space for resources, informal meetings, work tables, and student organization storage.
- Addition of passenger elevator near the Algoma Boulevard entrance.
- Addition of lactation room and gender neutral bathroom.
- Replace windows in the old part of the building, to improve energy efficiency and aesthetics.
- Enhance meeting rooms on the second floor.
- Create a customer friendly location for CopyThis!! and Reeve Marketing.
Please contact the director of Reeve Union, Randy Hedge. Randy coordinates the construction efforts with the contractor, Facilities Management, and the occupants of the building.
Office Location: Administrative Offices in Reeve 104
Reeve Advisory Council (RAC) continues to advise on operational issues with the construction and opening of the new facility, as well as governance of Reeve Memorial Union
Andy Yang, president, and Mackenzie Daines, vice president
Building Project Funding
UW Oshkosh students voted (March 2012) and approved an increase of student segregated fees to cover the costs of the renovation. No tax dollars are being used to fund this project. The student referendum approved an increase of not to exceed $28/semester to cover the cost of the $7.6 million dollar renovation. The increase will be effective until the bond payment for the 2001 addition to Reeve Union is paid off in 2021.
Building Planning Committee 2014 :
|State of Wisconsin and University Staff Appointments