Reeve Union Technical Services provides quality audiovisual and computer support in Reeve Union and Blackhawk Commons, supporting all administrative staff, meeting room guests and student guests in those buildings.
Wireless Internet Access
The wireless network in Reeve Union and Blackhawk Commons is the same wireless network which serves the entire UW Oshkosh campus. This network is maintained by the UW Oshkosh IT Department. Please refer to http://it.uwosh.edu/wireless/ or call the IT Helpdesk at (920) 424-3020 if you are experiencing connection issues or have questions about how to connect.
Where is WiFi available?
There is free Wi-Fi coverage in all areas of Reeve Union and Blackhawk Commons, including all public dining and lounge spaces as well as every meeting room and hallway.
Who can use WiFi in Reeve Union?
Any student, faculty or staff with an @uwosh.edu email account can access the wireless network in Reeve Union at no cost. In addition, a guest username and password can be provided to guests who are either facilitating or attending a reserved space meeting in Reeve Union.
There are two wireless networks in Reeve, which wireless network should I choose?
Any person with a NetID (student, staff, faculty or affiliates) should connect to the network named 'Titan WiFi'. Any meeting room guest should connect to 'Titan WiFi Guest'
How do I connect to the WiFi network?
Go to your device's network settings control panel and select Titan WiFi (students, faculty, staff) or Titan WiFi Guest (meeting room guests). Students, faculty and staff will be prompted to enter their NetID. Guests have the option to enter in a username and password that can be obtained from Reeve Union 104 or guests can also enter in their personal email address in the space below the login area.
Please see the IT wireless support page at http://it.uwosh.edu/wireless/ for more detailed connection instructions.
Meeting Room Technology
On Site Support
- On-site, on-demand technical support for Reeve Union equipment is included in your room reservation.
- Certain setup needs may incur extra charge. Your reservationist will inform you if tech support charges apply.
- Setup of laptop and projector.
- Webinar sound and video software pre-test.
- Log-in and start-up assistance.
Conference Call Support
- Setup of conference phone and line test.
- Assistance with dial-in and conferencing.
- Up to 6-way calls available.
- Coverage in every room.
- Connects to Titan WiFi with your NetID.
- Turn on wireless on laptop and open web browser to log-in.
- Guest username available, to registered meeting room guests only, upon request.
Wired LAN Internet
- Available in all rooms.
- Ask for a “Data Connection” at time of reservation, (920) 424-2435.
- Request when wide bandwidth is needed.
- Request when Shared Drive connection is needed.
Shared Drive Connection
- All Reeve Union laptops support S and U drive connection to Campus Shared Drive.
- Use your NetID username and password to login to one of the Reeve Union provided laptop carts.
- Must request a “Data Connection” with Reservation Desk (920) 424-2435.
- 202, 221, 227ABC, 305, 306, & 307
- Play DVD, CD, or VHS.
- Inputs for PC/Mac laptop.
- Installed in-ceiling projectors.
- Convenient wall-mount control panel.
- Cable TV(except 202 & 221)
- Wi-Fi Access
- Can add other portable equipment.
- 15” Widescreen HP PC Laptop
- 13” Widescreen MacBook
- Included PowerPoint Remote
- Wi-Fi Ready
- Wired Handheld
- Wireless Handheld
- Wireless Lapel (clip-on) or Earworn
- Wireless Headset
- Wired Instrument
- Condenser Instrument
- Board-room style speaker phone.
- Remote auxiliary mics.
- Easy to use.
- Wireless connectivity.
- Project documents onto a screen without the need of transparencies.
- Includes on-cart DVD/VHS player.
- Includes a loud powered speaker.
- Connects to your laptop (video and audio).
55 inch Flatscreen TV Carts
- Includes DVD/VCR player.
- Connect laptop via VGA or HDMI.
- Can connect to cable TV.
Audio and Video Conferencing Options
Reeve Union has a wireless Polycom speakerphone which you can reserve through the Reeve Union Reservations. Technical assistance by Reeve Union staff can be provided. Please ask at the time of your reservation.
Reeve Union has a portable webcam and laptop carts available. You may reserve these two items to make Skype or Google Hangout Audio and Video calls. Skype is installed on all of Reeve Union's laptop carts. Google Hangouts can be used with your @uwosh.edu email or @gmail.com account. The laptop may be interfaced to the audio and projection system in the room you reserve.
Other options\Advanced Options
To arrange the use of Polycom Video Conferencing or bridged audio conferences, please see the Interactive Video Spaces website.